Do you dream of traveling to Japan? The shopping, food, beautiful landscapes and temples, and culture draw visitors from all over the world. It’s about time you saw it for yourself. Whether you want to see the cherry blossoms in spring or experience the city nightlife — your cruise is waiting for you. Anchors aweigh!
Why Cruise Japan
Visiting Japan is a dream but travel by sea is a whole new view to be experienced. A cruise can be a surprisingly affordable and convenient way to travel, while still enjoying local cuisine and fun experiences. There are also a few unique things you will find only in Japan:
- Convenience: Japan is designed with convenience in mind. Public transportation is always on time and arriving and departing at regular intervals. You will also find vending machines and convenience stores on every corner.
- Efficiency: From the technology to the general mindset, you will find efficiency across Japan. A sinkhole was repaired in only one week and apologies have been issued for trains only 30 seconds off their schedule.
- Sakura Season: Truly a unique site you will only find in Japan. At the end of every March, the cherry blossoms change to beautiful colors and centuries-old traditions reflect this period.
- Candy: One item everyone associates with Japan is the candy. From the culturally iconic Pocky Sticks to classic treats reimagined with matcha, you will find sweet souvenirs for all your friends at home.
- Hospitality: In Japan, “Omotenashi,” or selfless hospitality, is a custom. Locals are happy to help you along your journey.
- Ultra High-Tech Toilets: The uniqueness of Japan spans across the country and into households, including bathrooms. Don’t be surprised to find a toilet with options ranging from a bidet, seat warmer, and background music.
Booking a cruise is also a great way to rack up those credit card rewards. Since a cruise trip doesn’t always include flights or hotel stays, you can use your credit card for purchases to earn rewards, or use your existing points to pay for a trip. What better way to use your rewards?
There are multiple cruise options for Japan, depending on what you want to see and which cities you want to visit. Here are a few destinations in Japan to consider:
Kyoto, Japan is famous for its numerous Buddhist temples, gardens, an imperial palace, Shinto shrines, and traditional wooden houses. It’s a must-see for travelers who love history and culture. But you’ll still find modern comforts as this city has done a fine job of embracing the future while preserving and respecting the past.
High-speed trains, neon lights, and skyscrapers mark Tokyo, Japan as a destination for city-goers. As Japan’s capital, Tokyo offers museums and exhibits along-side shopping, theme parks, and even cultural tours and historical sights.
Shiretoko Peninsula, Japan is considered one of the “Cruise Wonders of the World” for its magical tour through Hokkaido, Japan’s northernmost island. If you’re a lover of the ocean and whale watching, this coastal cruise would be spectacular.
A cruise is one of the best ways to explore and discover the history and culture of Japan. Visit Cruise Addicts for public forums and information on cruises all over the world.
This article is brought to by Cruise Compete. CruiseCompete.com allows you to easily compare multiple offers from Cruise Experts