Royal Caribbean International’s Symphony of the Seas made her highly anticipated debut to the cruise capital of the world. The world’s largest cruise ship sailed into her permanent, year-round home at Royal Caribbean’s brand new, state-of-the-art Terminal A at PortMiami, the largest cruise terminal in the U.S.
“Symphony takes family vacationing to an all new level with energy and options never before found in one place. This ship is the perfect blend of our greatest hits we know guests love and a lineup of vibrant, new restaurants, activities and unparalleled entertainment – all purposefully designed around vacationers’ preferences.” said Michael Bayley, President and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “With her U.S. homecoming this week, Symphony is changing the game for how travelers of all ages vacation on our biggest and boldest vessel yet.”
The ultimate family ship, Symphony of the Seas will sail year-round 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Miami beginning Nov. 17, and will add visits to the cruise line’s highly anticipated private island in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, when it launches in May 2019. Designed to inspire unshakable wanderlust within guests of all ages, Symphony features a next-level collection of new experiences including:
- The two-story Ultimate Family Suite for eight guests includes an in-suite slide, air hockey table, building block wall and “Royal Genie” concierge.
- The high-energy Boardwalk with activities for all ages, including game-day favorites at Playmaker’s Sports Bar & Arcade, the Sugar Beach specialty candy and ice cream shop, face painting, caricature artists, live music and more.
- New restaurants including Hooked Seafood, featuring fresh New England-style favorites, and made-to-order Mexican “street fare” at El Loco Fresh.
- An out-of-this-world, glow-in-the-dark laser tag experience called Battle for Planet Z.
- An always-evolving Royal Caribbean app, designed to be a game changer for the guest experience, enables expedited arrival, more personalized experience on board and interactive onboard features.
Symphony of the Seas also features a playlist of the greatest hits that Royal Caribbean guests know and love from the iconic Oasis Class of ships:
- The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea, a 10-story test of courage.
- The Perfect Storm, a trio of thrilling multistory waterslides named Cyclone, Typhoon and Supercell.
- Two FlowRider surf simulators, pumping 34,000 gallons of water per minute, perfect for adventure-seekers wanting to hang ten.
- Twin rock-climbing walls, standing at 40 feet tall and boasting stunning sea views.
- A zip line nine decks high, speeding riders 82 feet across an open-air atrium.
- AquaTheater, an open-air theater with jaw-dropping, high-diving acrobatic and aquatic performances in the deepest pool at sea.
- Central Park, a green sanctuary lush with more than 20,000 living plants and trees.
The official naming ceremony for Symphony of the Seas will take place on Nov. 15, 2018, during the pre-inaugural celebration hosted by the ship’s first-ever God Family – actors and avid Royal Caribbean fans Carlos and Alexa PenaVega, along with their toddler son Ocean.
The 25th ship in Royal Caribbean’s fleet, Symphony of the Seas encompasses 228,081 gross registered tons, measures 238 feet tall and spans 1,188 feet in length. Each week, Symphony will welcome 5,518 guests at double occupancy in 2,759 staterooms, including 28 additional balcony rooms that overlook the ocean or the ship’s signature Boardwalk neighborhood.
For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers should call their travel agent; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.
This article is brought to by Cruise Compete. CruiseCompete.com allows you to easily compare multiple offers from Cruise Experts