French America Line, the world’s newest cruise line that begins sailing experiential U.S. river cruises aboard its new flagship Louisiane later this year, has been named a preferred partner with Journese, the luxury brand of Pleasant Holidays, one of the country’s largest tour operators.
“It’s an honor that French America Line is the newest addition to the Journese coveted U.S. and cruise portfolio for discerning travelers. To set a new standard on U.S. waterways, we designed the intimate Louisane for just 150 guests with an attentive U.S. crew of 64. And we’ve orchestrated an unprecedented array of refined onboard services and amenities of the caliber enjoyed aboard luxury European river cruises. Our experiential hallmarks are refined Southern and Continental food by award-winning Chef de Cuisine Regina Charboneau; daily expertly guided shore experiences enhanced with engaging talks by onboard Illuminators, and nightly best-of-America entertainment,” said Tom Markwell, President, French America Line.
“French America Line is a great fit for Journese, as the new cruise line offers diverse and rarely sailed river cruises visiting charming American destinations with a wealth of amenities, enriching excursions and superb dining and entertainment that Journese guests are seeking. We’re proud to include Journese among the unique lifetime experiences our travel agency partners can offer their clients,” said Amy Comparato, Brand Director, Journese.
Brimming with French flair and joie de vivre befitting her home port of Greater New Orleans, Louisiane will sail five- to 10-day cruise tours that celebrate regional food, culture and history along the Mississippi, Ohio, Tennessee, Cumberland and Red rivers in areas that were once known as French America during the time of American colonization.
Louisiane signatures include:
- Virtually all-inclusive pricing, including all chef-designed meals, free-flowing hand-selected beverages, spirits and wines; one-night pre-cruise deluxe hotel stay with breakfast; daily Traveler Collection shore excursions; complimentary WiFi
- 75 inviting suites and staterooms, all with plush amenities and many with verandas or French balconies, with Hermès bath amenities in suites and L’Occitaine en Provence bath amenities in staterooms
- Two open seating dining venues, 24-hour in-room dining
- Three lounges, complimentary nightly entertainment
- Expert onboard Illuminators offering enriching talks and chats
- Bicycles, helmets and maps for private shore explorations
- Onboard full service Currents Spa and healthy menu choices at every meal
- Optional Curator Collection private shore experiences and pre- and post-cruise extension add-ons
French America Line’s Louisiane
French America Line was created to introduce a new era of premium U.S. river voyages with the launch of the elegant flagship Louisiane. The intimate ship accommodates a maximum of 150 guests in 75 stylish suites and staterooms with unobtrusive service from a U.S. crew of 64. Inaugural sailings begin Fall 2016 aboard the charming ship brimming with French flair and signature experiences celebrating regional food, music and history. Engaging itineraries on America’s most iconic rivers and waterways ranging from five to 10 days will present guests with unique insights into life along the Mississippi, Ohio, Tennessee, Cumberland and Red rivers, visiting places where larger riverboats simply cannot navigate. Departures aboard Louisianefor fall 2016 are now on sale, and 2017 will be available late summer 2016. Pricing is virtually all-inclusive, with pre-cruise one-night deluxe hotel stay; all meals and free-flowing hand-selected beverages, beers, wine and spirits; nightly live entertainment, informative cultural and historical talks, and memorable Traveler Collection shore excursions in every port of call included in the tariff. To reserve or learn more, please visit www.frenchamericaline.com or call 1-888-387-1140.