Carnival Corporation has launched a tenth cruise brand called fathom. The brand category, called social impact travel, will offer an impactful travel experience and work alongside locals to tackle community needs.
Fathom is purposed built, starting with one sh
ip, and allowing guests to immerse themselves in local culture and economic development.
Based out of Miami with a 700-passenger cruise ship, the first destination will be the Puerto Plata region of the Dominican Republic. This area is known for both beauty and poverty. Which is where fathom steps in.
On this show we talk to
- Arnold Donald, CEO of Carnival Corporation
- Tara Russell, President of Fathom
- Stewart Chiron the Cruise Guy
- Nancy Schretter, Family Travel Network
- James Shillinglaw, TravelPulse.com
- Ben Souza, Cruise Fever