Travel in Europe – one of the world’s most culturally and deliciously rich destinations – just got even richer. Modern luxury vacation brand Celebrity Cruises has unveiled a stunning lineup of new, unique destination experiences to transform the way discerning travelers experience Europe. These include tours of Greece curated by Celebrity’s own Greek officers; exclusive opportunities to discover tantalizing flavors at local markets with an expert chef; adventure-fueled experiences curated by a world adventurer, and bucket-list tours like racing along the French Riviera in a Lamborghini. All of these and more are available only when traveling with Celebrity.
“Building on the launch of our new dynamic EuroXPass package, which takes care of every travel detail for guests exploring Europe, we are adding another layer of what makes vacationing with us so special and unique, by introducing exclusive new European destination experiences,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “We are the only modern luxury brand and the only cruise line that delivers all of Europe the way affluent travelers want it – in an authentic, inspiring and truly original way.”
The Real Greece
New and unique for 2016, guests can experience Greece through the lens of Celebrity’s Greek officers. A curated menu of shore excursions have been specially designed and selected by the ship’s officers who call Greece home.
Guests will soon be able to discover some of the officer’s favorite local spots while exploring one of the seven Greek ports that Celebrity visits. More details will be revealed over the coming weeks.
Chef’s Market Discoveries
Guests can dive deep into the local flavors of Europe with Celebrity’s exclusive new “Chef’s Market Discoveries” shore excursions. Vacationers are taken on a journey through local markets and shops guided by the onboard chef, who will pick fresh local ingredients for a specially crafted, private dinner that night onboard. Highlights from the European collection include:
- Meeting local artisans at a food market in Rhodes, Greece and enjoying delicious homemade Greek specialties at a family tavern
- Escaping to the Botanical Park of Askordalos in Chania, Crete, a paradise for hundreds of plants, and cooking a traditional Cretan dish
- Experiencing how Limoncello, olive oil and mozzarella cheese are made, while traveling from Naples to the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento, Italy
Celebrity has expanded its Uniquely Celebrity excursions for the 2016 Europe season to include:
- Touring Cape Sounian during an overnight stay in Athens, Greece, and savoring breathtaking sunset views over the Greek Temple of Poseidon and Aegean coastline
- Visiting the Organic Winery of Assimomitis to learn about wine production in Mykonos, Greece, followed by a food tasting, accompanied by the ship’s sommelier
Guests looking for an even more personalized experience in Europe can select a Celebrity Exclusive. Highlights include:
- Reveling in the power of 500 horses with a ride along the thrilling switchbacks of the French Riviera in a classic Lamborghini or Ferrari
- Going where the crowds cannot in Mykonos on a private luxury yacht, visiting some of the lesser known beautiful beaches of Mykonos
Adventurer, broadcaster and author Ben Fogle is famed for his immersive travel style. His new curated list of “Great Adventures” for 2016 – only available on Celebrity – include:
- Soft-rafting to re-discover the Tiber River and see Rome, Italy, with the eyes of a visitor from over a hundred years ago
- Swimming, cycling, kayaking in Croatia, on an active journey from Dubrovnik, Croatia, along the Adriatic coastline